Datum is a web application, so a server-based software for use with a web browse. It aims sharin data from databases and information related to these databases:
- sharing data and files, with access rights (management of users and permissions)
- browsing tables and data from the database
- data reports with charts (defined with SQL queries)
- dynamic charts
- display of the database schema
- integration of datasets (CSV files)
- project information : news, little CMS feature
- user history, internationalisation, help, database management, statistics, ...
Some databases use specific module to :
- change the interface layout
- create template files for the integration
- add specific integrations and data extractions
One software instance can manage several databases.
A daemon can run asynchronous tasks, as data extraction, without blocking the page display.
Datum is based on the PHP framework, Yii.